Our service accepts enrolments of children aged between 0-13 years or older depending on special circumstances.
Enrolments will be accepted providing:
- The enrolment process is open and equitable.
- Enrolments will be subject to Australian Government priority of access guidelines.
- In the interests of children’s welfare and protection, access to children referred to the Service by appropriate agencies will be accommodated wherever possible, whilst still ensuring the safety and care of every child at the Service.
- Families will be carefully oriented to the Service before their children attend( sharing information with families their expectations and about how the Service operates would be discussed.
- The maximum daily attendance does not exceed the approved number of places of the service.
- Child educator ratios are maintained across the service
Priority of Access Guidelines:
Children who are enrolled at the service or whose families are seeking a place at the service will be given Priority of Access in accordance with the guidelines that have been established by the Department of Family and Community Services and Indigenous Affairs.
Below are the Priority of Access levels which the Service must follow when filling vacancies.
- A child at risk of serious abuse of neglect.
- A child of a single parent/guardian who satisfies, or of parents/guardians who both satisfy the work/training/study test under Section 14 of the Family Assistance Legislation Amendment (Child Care) Act 2010.
- Any other child.Within these three categories priority is also given to the following children:
- Children in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families.
- Children in families which include a disabled person.
- Children in families on low income.
- Children in families from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- Children in socially isolated families.
- Children of single parents/guardian.
Upon enrolment families will be notified of their priority and advised that if the service has no vacancies and their child’s position is a priority 3 under the Priority of Access Guidelines, it may be required that their child leave or reduce their days in order to make a place for a higher priority child.